- About Us
In the early 1900’s Lunsford Funeral Home was run as Gunn & Schaffer Hardware and Undertaking in what is now known as Hixon Hardware building in Cuthbert, Ga. In 1934 Mr. Schaffer moved the business to Court St. and opened as Schaffer Funeral Home and continued to operate the funeral home until 1947 when he sold it to Mr. & Mrs. Oscar Lunsford. Mr. Lunsford operated as Lunsford Funeral Home until August 1966 when he sold to Mr. James M. Ragan and Mr. Elton White which still operated under the Lunsford Funeral Home name. Mr. James Ragan is still a co-owner up to today. In January of 1992 Mr. Elton white sold his interest to Danny and Wendell Pearson. The business still operates under the Lunsford Funeral Home name. In 2009 the funeral home was remodeled to its present day appearance.